Veterinary technicians play a huge role in client education. You do your best to explain things to the owner, but sometimes when things get busy, you wish you had a really great handout on the subject at hand. Here is a list of some resources for client handouts.
You may wish to share with your practice manager or veterinarian, so they are pre-approved to share or hand out when needed. The Veterinary Partner site is also a great way to brush up on those topics you have been wanting to review yourself!
If you can direct your client to the information they are seeking through the proper channels, it will be more reliable than them randomly searching Dr. Google.
- Printable Oral Health Fact Sheets from American Veterinary Dental College (Periodontal disease, Anesthesia Free Dental Cleanings, etc.)
- Veterinary Partner (powered by VIN): Search the database for a handout on almost any disease (Addison's, Feline Cystitis, GDV, etc.)
- Client Materials from the AVMA (Dog bite prevention, posters, client-handouts, brochures, Spanish assistance and other foreign language materials, Halloween Safety)
- DVM 360 Forms Center (puppy/kitten care and socialization) from Veterinary Business DVM 360
- 5-Minute Vet Consult Client Handouts (almost any condition you can think of, easy to print) This is a fantastic resource
Do you have any other sources for client materials you would l like to share? Leave a comment below!