The Savvy VetTech

How Much Damage Can a Few Grapes Cause? A Grape Toxicity Case Study for Vet Techs

by Cathy Barnette - September 6, 2021 at 12:10 PM

You are working a busy day as a vet tech in small animal general practice when a receptionist pages back to the treatment area.

Mrs. Jones, a longtime client, is on the phone. She is concerned because her dog, Maximus, may have just eaten several grapes out of the trash can. Maximus is a 6 yo Miniature Pinscher and, according to your medical records, he weighs about 13 lbs.

How concerned should Mrs. Jones be? What should you tell her to do? 

Read More

How To Treat Grape Ingestion & Toxicity

by Lori Hehn - September 14, 2018 at 8:23 AM

We all know that grapes and raisins can be toxic to dogs. But why? How should we treat grape ingestion in order to prevent toxicity, and what should we do if toxicity occurs?

Read More
in Grape Toxicity 0 Comments

Download the eBook Now!

Ranked #21 of 100!

Popular Posts

Posts by Topic

see all